BRITISH STANDARD INSTRUCTIONS 1970:2012All our hot water bottles are made of natural rubber and manufactured to the British Standard 1970:2012. The instructions for use which are below come with all our products.
Instructions for use
- When filling this hot water bottle do not use boiling water and fill to a maximum of two-thirds capacity or less.
- Do not overfill as this might cause the bottle to burst.
- Hold the bottle by the neck in an upright position and fill slowly to avoid hot water splashing back.
- Expel air from the bottle by lowering it carefully onto a flat surface until water appears at the opening.
- Screw the stopper sufficiently tight to ensure that there is no leakage. Finger tight should be adequate.
- If there is a possibility that prolonged contact with the skin could occur an adequate cover should be used to prevent burns.
- Under no circumstance should the hot water bottle be used as a cushion and be sat on.
- Do not fill using water from the domestic hot water system as this can considerably shorten the life of the hot water bottle.
- Prevent contact with hot surfaces. Prevent contact with oil or grease.
- When not in use drain completely and keep with the stopper removed, in a cool, dry, dark place.Prevent exposure to sunlight.
- Do not place anything on top of the bottle during storage.
- Check the bottle and stopper for wear and damage prior to use.